Every boy and girl anticipates a special activity. Such events as Kinder Camp, Vacation Bible School, and Together With Books give preschoolers wonderful events to look forward to and then to enjoy.
Parent Dedication Class
What a joy a baby brings to a home! We are offering class entitled Parent Dedication led by our Executive Pastor, Jerry Royal. It will be necessary for you to attend this class before scheduling Parent Dedication for your family.
The Parent Dedication Class is offered several times a year and meets at 11:00 am on Sundays.
Questions? Contact Stacy Jones at 940.723.2764, ext 2067 or email@example.com
Together With Books
Story Time for Parent and Child is a special ministry of the library in cooperation with the preschool ministry. It is held in the library at 10:00 a.m. on the second Thursday of each month, September through May, for children ages 3 to 5. Children must be accompanied by an adult. Siblings are always welcome.
During story time, a carefully selected picture book is read to the children by the librarian or special guest. Then the children make an age-appropriate craft or participate in a special activity that relates to the story. Parents are encouraged to spend time reading to their children while in the library and may check out books to take home.
The purpose of Together with Books is to:
- Expose preschoolers and their parents to good children’s literature
- Enable parents to spend quality time with their preschoolers at church
- Develop a love of reading from an early age
- Help parents select the best books for their children
- Introduce young families to the resources of the library
- Reach preschoolers and their families for the Lord Jesus Christ and First Baptist Church
For more information call Nancy Uriniak, FBC Librarian at 940.723.2764 ext. 2194 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org