Kids Praise at First Baptist Church is a music program for children 3 years of age (as of September 1) through 5th Grade. Children do not have to be members of First Baptist to participate. It is a high-energy time - with age-relevant music! In addition to singing, choreography & instruments are incorporated into the program. The talented staff of directors and teachers are people who truly enjoy working with each child. For more information, please contact the music office email@example.com or 940-723-2764 extension 2169.
Our desire is to see children fall in love with God and learn to worship him through song. We use a fun variety of music and instruments to draw them in and provide great opportunities for them to express praise through music in worship in Christmas and Spring musicals and local area ministry needs.
Kids Praise choirs are given an opportunity to sing in our signature Christmas in the Falls event in December and in a spring musical, as well as singing in worship services. For larger programs that are staged and choreographed, auditions are held for the solo and drama parts.
Some of our musical goals include:
- Learn the basic musical concepts of rhythm, melody, form, harmony, expression and dynamics.
- Learn to move to music through choreography.
- Be given opportunities to play and experiment with melody and rhythm instruments.
- To learn to be creative through the use of art and drama.
- Learn to sing correctly.
- Learn to read musical notation.
- Learn to appreciate music and understand its purpose in the church.
How To Join
- Call the music office to let us know of your interest, and we can tell you how to get plugged in!
- Simply show up a few minutes early at any of the scheduled rehearsals.